Everyone here at RRBC is busy getting ready for our Pliny the Younger 2021 online pre-sale release tomorrow, January 28th, at 11AM PST! This year’s merchandise has arrived and is for sale now online and in both the Santa Rosa and Windsor Gift Shops, including a Pliny the Younger salami made locally by Journeyman Meats. Delicious! Here are some final thoughts, tips and tricks if you are planning to order the mixed case on Thursday:
- Each non-customizable mixed case holds 12 510ml bottles including: 4 Pliny the Younger, 2 Pliny the Elder, 2 Happy Hops, 2 STS Pils, and 2 Funky Foeder Cherry Beer, which is a sour/tart foeder-aged cherry beer never before released!
- If you have not purchased from our online store before, I recommend purchasing Younger merchandise or anything else in advance (even morning of) so that your information will be saved as a customer in our Shopify store. This will make checking out a much faster process for the mixed case.
- I recommend buying just the mixed case in one transaction. You can then take your time to browse our other merchandise, if interested, and not worry about missing out on the mixed case. Beer and merchandise ship separately anyway, so there are no cost savings by putting it all in the same transaction.
- Most, if not all, ecommerce platforms will not hold items in your cart until you have checked out. Make sure you hit “Checkout” to complete your order as soon as possible.
- We are planning to review all orders once the pre-sale is over to check for anything that looks out of the ordinary or suspicious, such as a large number of cases shipping to one address. If we do find more than 4 or 5 cases shipping to the same address, we will likely be making some follow up inquiries. Our intention is to allow as many beer enthusiasts and Younger fans, like yourself, to have access to this year’s Pliny the Younger under these highly unusual circumstances![
- Pliny the Younger will be bottled February 3rd and orders will start shipping out on February 8th!
- Just a reminder that every bottle of Pliny the Younger this year will be leaving on the back of a GLS truck. No bottles will be available at either brewery until 2022!
Finally, Governor Newsom just lifted the statewide stay at home order which means we will be able to reopen for outdoor dining soon. We have decided to wait a couple of weeks to reopen due to inclement winter weather, pending the installation of our new tent for outdoor dining in Santa Rosa, and to help curtail large groups of people showing up the first Friday of February on the off chance they did not get the message about Younger!
Thank you, everyone, for your unwavering support through these unprecedented and unique times! We look forward to welcoming you and Pliny the Younger back to our pubs in person in 2022!
Natalie, Vinnie and the RRBC Crew