Sep 9, 2021
RRBC is now hiring for full and part time Busser/Hosts to join our team at both of our locations; Santa Rosa and Windsor! When applying, please indicate preferred location.
The Busser ensures the smooth flow of customer turnover by clearing and cleaning tables, stocking sanitizer water, ice and towels, and completes side work as requested, and the Host is responsible for politely greeting and seating all customers. RRBC is compliant with all COVID-19 health and safety measures.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Clears and cleans tables and wipes seats as customers leave
- Pre-busses: clears empty plates and glasses as needed
- Cleans up spilled food or drink or broken dishes and removes empty bottles and trash
- Changes sanitizer water when cold and/or dirty
- Ensures clean towels are available for use at all times
- Places “reserve” signs on tables as customers leave and tells host what tables are or will be available
- Ensures water stations are full and stocked with cups
- Keeps ice stocked in the server station
- Completes side work before pub opens or when requested
- Keeps floor clear of debris and sweeps when necessary
- Brings bus tubs and blue glass racks to their proper places when full
- Acts friendly and sincere with all customers
- Greets customers when they enter the pub and seats them at tables
- Provides customers with menus
- Maintains a list of available tables and ensures tables are not empty for more than five minutes
- Maintains a waiting list when necessary
- Accurately quotes a waiting time to all customers
- Speaks with customers to ensure satisfaction with food and service, or to respond to complains
- Answers telephone calls and responds to inquiries or transfers calls as appropriate while effectively dealing with customers as they arrive
- Maintains contact with kitchen staff, management, serving staff, and customers to ensure that details are handled properly and customers’ concerns and requests are addressed
- Completes side work before pub opens or when manager requests
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Principles and processes for providing excellent customer service
- Structure and content of the English language including the meaning of words and grammar
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills for dealing with the public and waitstaff
- Gives full attention to what other people are saying, takes time to understand the points being made, and asks questions as appropriate
- Actively looks for ways to help people
- Work as a team member
- Communicate information in speaking so others will understand
- Speak clearly so others can understand you
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer)
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Be tactful without offending others
- Understand another’s situation and feelings
- Explore new approaches to doing things
- Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- RRBC requires COVID-19 vaccination for employment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand for long periods of time and walk; use fingers, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. We will engage in the interactive process for any medical and/or religious accommodation requests.
Russian River Brewing Company offers a fun and rewarding work environment! Please apply HERE. (Please note it may only list one job location on the main screen, but we are hiring for both locations! Please let us know your preferred location).
Back to job board