Mar 25, 2021
Russian River Brewing Company Windsor is seeking a full time Head Chef to join our team! This position manages the Kitchen for a 180+ seat brew pub and ensures a clean, safe, and positive working environment for all employees and exceptional guest experience.
Please review our description below and if it sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for day to day operations of the entire kitchen including; ordering, receiving and managing inventory, menu planning, food and labor cost, scheduling and leadership of kitchen team
- Evaluate labor costs for kitchen and is responsible for adequately staffing the kitchen
- Responsible for the entire culinary program at the property, to include daily pub food, special events and beer dinners, (when allowed, post-COVID)
- Supervises kitchen staff and makes shift assignments according to strengths of staff
- Delegates duties responsibilities appropriately and effectively
- Maintain a safe, comfortable, and excellent work environment
- Coordinates with the front of the house with wait times on food; upholds standards with staff
- Maintains and publishes shift schedules 3 weeks in advance to manage labor costs and monitor overtime, assists employees with time off requests
- Orders and maintains adequate inventory of food with minimal waste
- Analyzes and updates COGS on a monthly basis
- Trains new staff and keeps existing staff updated with menu changes
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates
- Keeps up-to-date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions
- Responsible for cleanliness of kitchen and coordinating regular maintenance of equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned
This position manages all kitchen staff for the entire employment life cycle, (hire, train, manage, exit).
- Business and management principles involved in resource allocation, supervisory techniques, and coordination of people and resources
- Raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques in a culinary environment
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills for dealing with the public and all company team members
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills coupled with the ability to interpret data and make recommendations
- Experience in handling projects from inception to successful implementation
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Giving full attention to what others are saying and asking questions as appropriate
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Good organization, prioritization, and time management skills for dealing with diverse duties and staff
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Proficient in MS Office (word, excel, outlook)
- Emulate the company culture in every aspect of your responsibilities
- Demonstrate common sense in decision making
- Effectively supervise, motivate, give direction, counsel, and lead others
- Understand and follow oral and written instruction
- Deal effectively with a diversity of individuals
- Handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Organize, prioritize, and manage time
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all employees, owners of the company, and the public
- Work well under a pressure and is a self-starter
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Possess the ability to maintain a positive attitude and high self-motivation at all times
- College degree; including completion of a Culinary Program or Apprenticeship
- At least 3 years of related managerial experience in a restaurant environment; high volume restaurant experience preferred
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Serve Safe or California Food Handlers Certification
- Must be at least 21 years of age
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand for long periods of time and walk; use fingers, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, bend, twist and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 75 pounds. Use of arms above or below the shoulder is sometimes required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s), hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
We offer a fun and rewarding work environment that includes; group medical/dental/vision/life/accident/pet insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401k with matching, and discounts on beer/food/merchandise!
RRBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. RRBC utilizes e-verify.
Please apply HERE.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Back to job board