RRBC Windsor is hiring a Line Cook to join our team!
If you have experience with grilling, sautéing, or pantry management, and you are looking for a dynamic and enjoyable work environment, we want to hear from you!
Please apply HERE
At Russian River Brewing Company, we offer our full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Programs Including Pet Insurance
- 401K with Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Generous Discounts on our World Class Beer, Food, and Merchandise
If you’re ready for your next exciting opportunity, look no further!
Our Windsor pub is open Wednesday – Sunday and we are looking for a new cook to work the evening schedule.
The Line Cook prepares, seasons, and cooks all food orders in the restaurant and maintains the quality, presentation, and sanitation of the kitchen, and may order supplies, keep records and accounts, or price items on the menu.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that level of quality, portion control, and plate presentation is adhered to consistently
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe kitchen/station, ensuring that all sanitation procedures are being followed
- Reads food orders or receives instructions as to food required by customers; prepares food accordingly
- Weighs, measures, and mixes ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment
- Washes, cuts, and prepares foods designated for cooking, and measures ingredients required for food
- Observes and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing with utensils
- Ensures adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures
- Utilizes tools and machines, measures, cuts, and otherwise works on materials with precision
- Occasionally may need to fill in at the washing station
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of various cooking techniques i.e. (grilling, sautéing, frying, and pantry)
- Knowledge of general kitchen equipment maintenance and troubleshooting
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible, and always up for a challenge, especially when it comes to changing priorities.
- Must be at least 18 years or older
- Experience in a restaurant environment or the equivalent a plus
- Will be required to obtain a Serve Safe or California Food Handlers Certification (paid for by RRBC) within your first 30-days
- Must be able to communicate in the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Must be available to work nights and weekends based on business needs
- Regular work requires a great deal of standing, lifting, bending, and stretching
- Must be able to stand and walk for 8 hours
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures hot and cold for extended periods
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. or more with assistance
RRBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. RRBC utilizes e-verify.