Oct 8, 2021
RRBC Windsor is hiring a full time Line and Grill Cook to join our team!
If you have prior grill, sauté, fry and pantry experience and are seeking a fun work environment, we’d love to hear from you! Russian River Brewing Company offers group medical/dental/vision/life/accident/pet insurance, 401k with matching, paid time off, and great beer/food/merchandise discounts!
The Cook prepares, seasons, and cooks all food orders in the restaurant and maintains the quality, presentation, and sanitation of the kitchen, and may order supplies, keep records and accounts or price items on the menu.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Prepares a variety of food utilizing skill and creativity
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe kitchen; ensures all sanitation procedures are being followed
- Cleans food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils
- Reads food orders or receives instructions as to food required by customer; prepares food accordingly
- Turns or stir foods to ensure even cooking and seasons and cooks food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience
- Weighs, measures, and mixes ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment
- Washes, cuts, and prepares foods designated for cooking, and measures ingredients required for food
- Regulates temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
- Ensures that level of quality, portion control, and plate presentation is adhered to consistently
- Observes and tests foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing with utensils
- Ensures adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures
- Utilizes tools and machines, measures, cuts, and otherwise works on materials with precision
- Ensures proper storage labeling and dating of all food
- Occasionally may need to fill in washing dishes
- Any other tasks as requested by a manager on duty
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Principles and processes for providing excellent customer service in a restaurant environment
- Knowledge of various cooking techniques i.e. grilling, sautéing, frying, making salads
- Basic business arithmetic
- Knowledge of general kitchen equipment maintenance and troubleshooting
- Effectively managing one’s own time and working well as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills for dealing with the public and staff
- Communicate information and ideas both verbally and in writing so others will understand; ability to give attention to what others are saying and ask questions as appropriate
- Understanding written sentences in work-related documents
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Understand information and ideas and follow oral instruction
- Organize, prioritize, and manage time and ability to shift between two or more activities
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer)
- Quickly move your hand(s)
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Minimum two years of related experience in a restaurant environment or equivalent
- Current Serve Safe or California Food Handlers Certification
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Availability to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays (required)
- Knowledge of or ability to learn basic sanitation and workplace safety regulations, food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures
- Vocational school courses in kitchen basics such as food safety and handling procedures preferred
- Must be efficient, quick, and work well as part of a team
- Ability to withstand constant pressure to prepare meals quickly, while ensuring quality is maintained, and safety and sanitation guidelines are observed at all times
- Personal cleanliness is essential
- COVID-19 vaccination required
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand and walk quickly for long periods of time. The position requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s) for cutting, chopping, and plating; use of hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble. Talk and hear; stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 75 pounds. Creativity and a keen sense of taste and smell are needed. Use of arms above the shoulder is sometimes required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
RRBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. RRBC utilizes e-verify. RRBC will engage in the interactive process for any medical and/or religious accommodation requests regarding vaccination.
Please apply HERE.
Back to job board