Apr 28, 2021
The Staff Accountant supports the direction of the Controller and coordinates, maintains, and controls an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of the Company and serves as a resource in all aspects of accounting; ensures accurate internal and external recording and reporting of financial transactions; manages accounts payable and receivable; and ensures that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal, regulatory, and Company procedures.
We offer a competitive salary, group medical/dental/vision/life/accident insurance, 401k with matching, paid time off, and discounts on beer/food/merchandise at our pubs! The Staff Accountant’s work schedule is Monday- Friday, 8:30am-5pm. Please review our description below and if it sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Maintains ethical, honest and confidential handling of company’s assets at all times
- Manages the accounts receivable function, including but not limited to the following:
- Create and maintain customer profiles
- Processes daily retail and wholesale sales
- Receives, records, and prepares customer payments for deposit
- Manages past due accounts receivable procedures and in compliance with the law and company policy
- Works with the sales department to resolve customer payment issues
- Communicates directly with RRBC customer accounts to resolve any A/R issues
- Compiles and communicates payment status to drivers on a daily basis
- Supports the accounts payable function and acts as back up if needed:
- Create and maintain vendor profiles, W9 records, 1099’s
- Processes invoices for payment utilizing a three-way match method
- Verifies and prepares checks for mailing
- Researches problem invoices; interfaces with vendors and other staff to reconcile
- Performs weekly check runs per Company schedule
- Maintains and files account receivable files and records
- Assists Controller as needed with journal entry preparation, period end closes, and ad hoc research and reporting
- Other duties as assigned
This position has no direct reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Use of technology in financial applications
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, and evaluation
- Principles and processes for providing customer service
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Using math to solve problems
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions or approaches to problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Listen and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words
- Use sound independent judgment within established guidelines
- Use of modern office equipment including computers, computer applications, and software
- Observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources
- Establish and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; and a minimum of one year related accounting experience
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Proven business acumen skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; prior ERP experience a plus
- Must be ethical and honest, and maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to sit for long periods of time; stand and walk; use finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands; talk and hear; and climb. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. RRBC utilizes e-verify.
Please apply HERE.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Back to job board