Apr 5, 2022
Russian River Brewing Company is hiring a full time Wastewater Operator to join our team in Windsor! This position is responsible for managing and maintaining the Wastewater treatment program and equipment at our Windsor facility.
We offer a fun and rewarding work environment that includes group medical, dental, vision, life, accident, and pet insurance, along with awesome discounts on beer, food and merchandise at both of our locations! This position will be scheduled to work Monday – Friday, with some evenings/weekends/holidays as needed.
Please read our description below and if it sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Manage, maintain and observe waste water treatment system at our Windsor facility
- Create and update all SOP’s for company’s wastewater program
- Perform field/laboratory tests and analysis to identify chemical, physical, and/or biological characteristics of wastewater, including data analysis
- Collect and document data from plant charts, gauges, and other instruments: perform calculations to ensure proper plant operations
- Coordinate collection of wastewater information for any required environmental reports.
- Maintain operating records and file reports as needed in accordance with local, state, and federal guidelines and requirements
- Perform collection of samples of wastewater and biosolids
- Maintain and repair equipment as needed, and helping with special maintenance projects
- Troubleshoot equipment and perform repair of wastewater system
- Adhere to all company safety standards and ensure compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies
- Regular participation on the Company’s monthly safety squad
- Other duties as assigned
While this position has no direct reports, at times this role may direct the work of others.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of wastewater treatment systems
- Principles and processes for providing excellent customer service, internally and externally
- Machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, troubleshoot, and maintenance techniques
- Relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective operations for the protection of other employees and property
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions or approaches to problems
- Determines the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job; ability to operate all necessary equipment needed for job(s)
- Maintains a high level of attention to detail
- Understands written sentences in work related documents
- Be organized and concise in relation to all projects
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Work as a cooperative team member and demonstrate effective written and verbal communication
- High school diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
- California State Water Board Operator certification preferred
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrated knowledge of wastewater treatment/collection process and the operation, maintenance, and repair of related equipment Familiarity with specialized lab equipment (Spectrophotometer)
- Must be able to read and interpret machinery plans/instructions
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player; use of common sense in decision making
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must possess a class C license and an acceptable driving record
- COVID-19 vaccination required (including booster)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
Landscape work is highly labor intensive. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand for long periods of time and walk; use fingers, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, bend, twist and crouch. The employee must frequently lift carry, and/or push/pull at least 55 pounds and/or move up to 160 pounds (assisted). Climbing ladders may be required. Use of arms above or below the shoulder is required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee occasionally will need to operate a motor vehicle. Requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s), hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The work may require the handling of hazardous chemicals
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work, including holidays if required for wastewater troubleshooting/maintenance
- Must be able to work in all outdoor weather conditions
RRBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. RRBC utilizes e-verify.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please apply HERE.
Back to job board